04 Oct The Benefits of Google My Business
You might have come across the mention of Google My Business and felt overwhelmed at the idea of having yet another platform to maintain. Don’t despair! We’re sharing a few tips and benefits of having a Google My Business page for your company.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to list and promote your business on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google. Customers have the option to ask questions, leave reviews and tag you in photos, which is incentivised by a point system managed by Google.
Why should you sign up to Google My Business?
Google My Business provides more ways for you to engage with and attract new customers, and the best part is that it costs you absolutely nothing! Other benefits include:
1. Google My Business displays all your business information (business address, operational hours, contact information, links to your website and social platforms) in a prominent spot in their searches so that potential clients can easily navigate and get in touch with you.
2. Customers are prompted by Google to leave a review or upload an image of their experience, after visiting your premises.
3. Customers who have trouble navigating to your business can rely on Google Maps to direct them which also displays your business hours and contact information for convenience.
4. Customers are able to ask the online community questions about your business, like what is on the menu, when is the best time to visit and what are the prices of your products. Once a question is posted, Google sends out a notification to anyone who has recently visited your business, asking them to answer. Again, community members are rewarded with points for posting, reviewing and answering questions on Google My Business, which is all managed by Google – for free!
5. Correctly optimising your Google My Business page complements your SEO strategy and helps improve your Google ranking.
6. Google My Business provides you with another way to interact with clients, giving you access to their feedback and the opportunity to foster an online community which impacts your brand image.
7. Google My Business offers analytical data about how people have found your business, whether they clicked to contact you, visit your website, or clicked for Google Maps to navigate them to your premises. This sort of data is invaluable and indicates which parts of your digital strategy are working for your business and which parts need more attention.
While the thought of signing up for another online platform can seem daunting, Google My Business offers so many benefits at absolutely no cost, that it seems like a no brainer to sign up and get verified today. And with the platform constantly working to grow and evolve, it’s easy to see why Google My Business is very quickly becoming an essential part to your digital strategy.
If you’d like to chat to us about how we’re using Google My Business to take our clients’ digital strategies to new heights, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 087-700-0651.